Annual Intragalactic Cardboard Sled Race
Saturday, April 8, 2017
Registration & Start Times
There is a $30 entry fee. Make checks payable to Mount Sunapee Resort. Registration will be held in the Spruce Lodge lobby starting at 9:00am. All sled riders must be over the age of 18.
Sleds will be allowed to enter until 12:00 pm on race day.
Sleds must be at the starting line by 1:15 pm and in running order. No non-human form of transporting of the sleds to the top of the course is permitted. The race begins at approximately 1:30 pm.
All proceeds will benefit David’s House in Lebanon, NH.
All competitors must wear a helmet while the sled is on the course.
Sled Design Rules
- Sled materials: cardboard, tape, paint and wax. - No hardware is permitted (wood, plastic, metal, screws, piping, etc.).
- Evidence of any “illegal materials” will lead to immediate disqualification of the sled and team - NO EXCEPTIONS.
- Only wax is permitted on the running surface. No tape is allowed on the running surface - Detection of tape or any other material other than wax will lead to the disqualification of your sled and team.
- You may decorate your sled with paint, pictures, flags, etc.
- Teams must consist of 3 members and are all required to be at least 18 years of age. Each member must fill out and sign a liability release form before the start of the race.
- Costumes are allowed and are greatly encouraged.
Judging of sleds will be at 12:30 pm on Flyway. The sleds will be judged in two categories: artistic and construction. The combined scores will be added for an overall score. Please note: costumes may be considered towards the score.
There will also be awards for the fastest sled and best self destruction of a sled while on course.
Awards ceremony will follow the race in Goosefeathers Pub.