9th Annual Dummy Big Air Contest
Sunday, March 15, 2015
Registration & Start Times
Registration will begin in Spruce Lodge at 9:00am. There is a $20 entry fee per dummy. Dummy judging will be held on the Spruce Lodge patio at 2:00pm.
The Dummy Big Air Contest will be held immediately following the judging on lower Eggbeater trail in front of the Spruce Lodge.
- Maximum weight 150 pounds and must be pulled to the top of the in-run by no more than three people.
- NO explosives or flammable materials.
- Dummy may not be motorized in any way.
- Must be on skis or a snowboard. No sleds or toboggans permitted.
- Dummies can be either skiers or snowboarders and need to be able to make it down the in-run to the kicker.
- A low center of gravity; the more weight that is closer to the bottom the better (Remember: 150lb weight limit)
- Make the legs sturdy so the skis do not wobble. Otherwise there is a good chance your dummy will tip over on the way down.
- A wide base will also help keep the dummy upright.
- Wax those skis/boards!
Best Designed Dummies
Closest to Bullseye
Awards will be handed out in Goosefeathers Pub during Apres Ski. All entry fees will be used as cash prizes.
2014 Dummy Big Air Winners
Most Creative -
- 1st Place - Rocket Man
- 2nd Place - Uni-Kitty
- 3rd Place - Uncle Si
Best Crash - Kevin
Biggest Air - Titanic
Closest to Target - Uni-Kitty