10th Annual Dummy Big Air Contest
Sunday, March 13, 2016
Registration & Start Times
Registration will begin in Spruce Lodge at 9:00am. There is a $20 entry fee per dummy. Dummy judging will be held on the Spruce Lodge patio at 2:00pm.
The Dummy Big Air Contest will be held immediately following the judging on lower Eggbeater trail in front of the Spruce Lodge.
- Maximum weight 100 pounds and must be pulled to the top of the in-run by no more than three people.
- NO explosives or flammable materials.
- Dummy may not be motorized in any way.
- Must be on skis or a snowboard. No sleds or toboggans permitted.
- Dummies can be either skiers or snowboarders and need to be able to make it down the in-run to the kicker.
- A low center of gravity; the more weight that is closer to the bottom the better (Remember: 100lb weight limit)
- Make the legs sturdy so the skis do not wobble. Otherwise there is a good chance your dummy will tip over on the way down.
- A wide base will also help keep the dummy upright.
- Wax those skis/boards!
Best Designed Dummies
Closest to Bullseye
2015 Dummy Big Air Gallery
Click here to see some highlights from the 2015 Dummy Big Air. (Requires Adobe Flash plug-in)
Awards will be handed out in Goosefeathers Pub during Apres Ski. All entry fees will be used as cash prizes.